The Anglo Hispano Bodega Company commenced trading in Gibraltar in 1892. Its main activity in those days was dealing in the wines of La Palma del Condado area of Huelva where Anglo Hispano had its own bodegas. The company prospered in the local market and in supplying shipping. In 1946 it was incorporated as a private limited company and soon after, UK interests purchased a holding. This holding was subsequently acquired by the British brewers Bass PLC. In the mid-1950's the Isola family took on management responsibility, acquired a small holding and proceeded to strengthen the agency portfolio in the beverage sector. In the early '70's, due to the closure of the frontier, Bass decided to sell its holding. The Isola family took the opportunity to acquire control and at the same time negotiated to continue as Bass distributors for Gibraltar, an association which continues to this day.
In order to redress difficult trading conditions, the new board decided to diversify the activities of the Company taking on distribution of other product groups such as cigarettes, cigars, tobacco, and some confectionery lines.
The Company is based at its offices at Sandpits Vaults which is also the location of its main store. There is also a store at the New Harbours Industrial Park where all incoming goods are received. The Company operates six delivery trucks one of which is exclusively used for the delivery of cigarettes, cigars and tobacco. Deliveries are made within 24 hours of the order being placed and in most cases on the same day. Orders can be placed by telephone to our Order Lines. We operate an Orders Voicemail after hours. The Company is fully computerised and is licensed to operate an Open Bond by the Gibraltar Customs.
(5-7 Main Street)
Mon-Friday 10:00am-6:30pm Sat:10:30am-2:00pm
Anglo Hispano Main Office
(Sandpits Vaults, off Rosia Road)
Anglo Hispano Store
(Unit 15-16 Harbours Yard, New Harbours)